Hi,

Not trying to use ledger-cli for portfolio tracking, but as a reporting
tool for accounting books, but I have a situation here that I am trying to
resolve.

Here's the original state:

2016/09/10
    Assets:Shares:SomeBroker   3000 "A68U"
    Assets:Savings:SomeBank  $899.53
    Equity:Opening Balances

Which is OK, and gives rise of course to this *balance*:

 $799.53
           3000 A68U  Assets
             $799.53    Savings:SomeBank
           3000 A68U    Shares:SomeBroker
            $-799.53
          -3000 A68U  Equity:Opening Balances
--------------------
                   0

If we make a stock purchase transaction:

2017/03/30
  Assets:Shares:SomeBroker  870 "A68U" @ $0.919
  Assets:Savings:SomeBank  -$799.53

The balance report then gives:

           3870 A68U  Assets:Shares:SomeBroker
            $-799.53
          -3000 A68U  Equity:Opening Balances
--------------------
            $-799.53
            870 A68U

What can we usually do to get Asset = Equity (disregarding Liability for
clarity's sake) without getting the difference here? Is that something that
anyone will want? I do know that if I do -V it gives me this:

            $3556.53  Assets:Shares:SomeBroker
           $-3556.53  Equity:Opening Balances
                   0

Just want to check if I am missing anything here. And if there's a better
way to do this with multiple commodities.

Thanks,

Vito