On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 5:18 AM, David Glasser <glas...@davidglasser.net> wrote:

> Anybody have advice on either:
>
> - making it faster in emacs to enter dates (other than today, I already have
> an insert current date keybinding)?

I think I might like Tab to autocomplete and canonicalize dates. The
idea is that if you typed a single number at the beginning of line and
pressed Tab, it would expand to the date in the current or last month;
two numbers with a separator would expand to the date in the current
or last year; and separators would be normalized according to
ledger-default-date-format. (The “current or last” in both cases would
resolve to yield a date that is not in the future.)

Example: On 2018-01-03, you enter "30" at the start of line, press
Tab, and it expands to 2017-12-30.

I will try implementing that if anyone else thinks it would be a good idea.