On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 1:55 AM, Marcin Borkowski <mb...@mbork.pl> wrote:

>> - making it faster in emacs to enter dates (other than today, I already
>> have an insert current date keybinding)?
>
> How about org-read-date?

It’s a good facility, however, from its docstring:

    Furthermore, the command prefers the future,
    so if you are giving a date where the year is not given, and the day-month
    combination is already past in the current year, it will assume you
    mean next year.

This makes sense when planning future events as might be the primary
use case with org-mode; but my gut feeling is that in ledger-mode one
normally records past events, so the opposite logic should apply.