Thanks for the work around. I played around with that some and that work
around fixes the output of `budget` but causes the budget transactions to
be posted for March which isn't what I want (since I want to be able to
change March's budget).

I was able to build a debug build from source. After lots of debugging, I
think the problem is because the `budget_posts` filter uses the same value
`pending_posts` to track
1. have I created a real budget transaction from the periodic transaction
in this interval
2. should this non-periodic value be considered part of the
budget `post_in_budget`

I pushed a PR with some code that I believe proves my theory. But my actual
solution will need to be more robust. I'll try to get back to a better
solution for this next week. If anyone has any pointers in the meantime,
please comment here or on the PR: https://github.com/ledger/ledger/pull/537

--Mark

Mark Thurman
mthur...@gmail.com