When the ball came out to Johnson for the third goal yesterday it was a few
seconds before we realised he’d scored. We were looking for the ball in the
back row of the South Stand. The goal and his overall performance in the
first half led to a strong rumour that Grayson had quietly sold Bradley and
given the number 16 shirt to Michael on loan from Man City. This proved to
have been unfounded when normal service was resumed early in the second half
when he couldn’t make his mind up whether to cross or shoot and ended up
belting the ball into touch on the far side of the field from where he was
standing!

Yesterday was probably about as easy as it gets and another two or three
goals wouldn’t have flattered us.

Spare a thought for one of our neighbours on the Kop. Last week he backed us
to win 1-0 at Arsenal, yesterday he had us down to win 3-0. The five minutes
of football at the end of both games has cost him about £1500. How we
laughed.

Talking of laughing, Bruce took a painful knock in the family jewels
yesterday which brought much hilarity between Kasper and O’Brien as he
received treatment.