I think there is a breed of player that would say that about any club and go
to the highest bidder but we have seen a few join us for what I presume
wasn't all to do with wages.

Thinking the 2 flops from Swansea, Paynter, Kasper etc. who all had offers
from elsewhere to come to

I also quite liked the recruit a leeds fan policy although that hasn't
really worked out either . bromby, Naylor

If it's a straight fight on the same money between us, Forest, Norwich,
Millwall, Reading, Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Cardiff etc.. 9 times out of 10
we will get them.

I don't think a modern footballer even considers Bates as a stumbling block.

And also a lot of its hype,  despite the end of season flop we are a big
club with a great up and coming manager with a big fan base who have done
the club proud in major FA Cup games.  Remember when we lost to Arsenal or
Spurs I think it was the  presenter was creaming himself about Leeds being
back in the big time sooner rather than later and I think that's the message
that players get.

I bet if you went on the Norwich or Cardiff email lists they would be
moaning about Dave Jones or some full back or something just as they would
on the Norwich list about Hoolahan being too light weight or something!
There might even be a bloke slagging off Grant Holt calling him lucky each
week.

We are far harsher on our team then others around and for that reason we are
going up next season