On 28/04/2011 09:59, David Bromley wrote:
If we continue with a policy of bringing in players who aren't good
enough to get into the first team at places like Derby, Preston and
Ipswich etc then we shouldn't be surprised if those players aren't good
enough to get us promoted. And there is no point bringing players in who
are no better than the ones you have and then cant get in the team.

David, my thoughts exactly! And especially if you then look at the size of the squad. Unfortunately building a squad is either about an outstanding youth policy (very little evidence) or astute purchases (very littel evidence)

I also wonder just how attractive Leeds is to players these days - are we kidding ourselves that the current regime is attractive to really good players?

betty