Since this long political thread has come round to the subject of The Cuts,
perhaps I could link it back to the original issue.

I understood that the good old generous Royals footed the bill for the
so-called wedding, and all the rest of us had to do was stump up the paltry 20
million quid for security. But my question is: in a time when the defence
chiefs are screaming about how cuts are decimating our defence capability, when
we are decomissioning aircraft carriers and cancelling fighter jet programmes
(all things I agree with, BTW, but that is not relevant), what are we doing
paying for all these squaddies to be prancing about on
horses................and paying for RAF jets to do flypasts?