From: Richard Walker <richleed...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Richard Walker <richleed...@yahoo.co.uk>; leedslist@gn.apc.org
Sent: Mon, Aug 8, 2011 5:46 pm
Subject: Re: [LU] Saints game

So was the second half any better - marginally. I thought between 50 and 60

minutes we were well on top.

There's no way Saints were 3 goals better than us. Chaplow has always impressed

me and he made them solid in the middle.

Maybe I was expecting worse.

I thought Clayton was our best player - he looks very decent but should come

more for the ball like Kilkenny. I also thought Max and Howson were lively and

gave it their all in a very disjointed team performance.

I was disappointed with O'brien, Snodgrass , Dea (passing and crossing, he
looks

like Ian Harte without the nice left foot), Kisnorbo for the second goal,

Brown for trying to play like an 18 year old and Paynter for just not producing

again.

BUT I think there's enough quality in that squad to do ok this season but we

need Grayson to look beyond a 4-5-1 system that hasn't worked since last year.

Id go 4-4-2 against Boro

I'd swap O'Brien for Bruce and play aidy white at left back

I'd play Clayton and Howson in the centre

and Paynter and McCormack up front.

I don't think Paynter deserves a place but we haven't got many options as Uncle

Ken won't put his hand in his pocket and Grayson thinks we don't need a striker

even though his two top scorers from last season are injured.

I'd also have a good look at Snodgrass's fitness before picking him. Sam would

be my preference on that showing.