I am responding to people saying that Bates didn't save us, not him, or
others, saying he did.

Unless people are clairvoyants then they cannot possibly say that he didn't
save us.

Of course, he shouldn't be saying he did, but then again he is closer to
what happened than any of us and he possibly does know what shit might have
happened if redbus, for example, bought the club.

Are we all clear now?  I am not saying bates saved us or didn't, I am saying
that people cannot possibly say he didn't save us unless they can see into
the future and KNOW everything wouldn't have been worse or gone tits up with
a group with zero experience of managing a football club and a convicted
criminal in tow.

Even with best intentions, like Ridsdale and Krasner as it happens - who got
shafted by other clubs and agents left right and centre.