Lets summarize on common ground:
Bates may have been [ but probably wasn't ] our savior.
He certainly isn't our future hope.
He is liability. No matter what he claims ,and even it is right, does not
alter the fact that he is a devious obnoxious malignant Stoat who adds fuck
all to the club today  & detracts a lot. . In short a present big liability
and detriment to any progress.

Dr Michael Benjamin,
Community Psychiatrist
-------------------------------