Andy wrote:

> ..... no Pompei support at all from what i could see or hear - it was a bit
> weird...

Nicholas wrote...
...On telly over here the empty spaces were staggering. Was it just where
the cameras were pointing?

This was the first game where Bates has shoved the away fans in the upper
West Stand (so he can charge 'em more).  There were only 3-400 Pompy fans.
 Ticket sales in general were poor and so he decided not to open the South
East Corner, so that - along with the crowd only being 22.5K-ish, is
probably why the crowd looked sparse.  Also, you can't see the away fans on
TV from the camera angle.

On an aside, I was fortunate to be just out of the direct sunlight in the NE
Corner - even then - I don't think I've ever been so hot at a Leeds game -
no wonder the second half was a bit lacklustre.

Anyway, Bates out!

Ted H