????? Didn't the tax credits policy lift more that a million children out
of poverty? I think that the policy did exactly what it said on the tin and
I can't think of any other "welfare" or "redistibution" or "liberal" policy
(choose you local flavour) that was so successful since the introduction of
old age pensions in the early 20th Century.

While two wrongs don't make a right, it is temting to think that a billion
overpayment given the results of that policy is cheap at several hundred
times the price when compared to the banking bailout.

Damian