I am not as unhappy and down as Rich W in his report but we do have problems -
problems which we all including McDermott knew before yesterday.
Burnley are now up to second so they are no mugs, and even though they just
about deserved the victory we could have easily taken all 3 points - we missed
plenty of chances and for me, Kenny was badly at fault for both goals.

I was happy with the line up thinking that White and Byram could give us more
pace and penetration going forward. I also thought that we would be putting
McCormack up front where he belongs and letting Diouf take the spot at the tip
of the diamond. However I had trouble working out exactly what formation we
were playing.

Burnley started well and the faults we all knew we had came to the fore, lack
of pace, lack of width and lack of creativity. Having said that Varney came
close when he could not quite get over the ball to head it downwards. McCormack
 also had a chance.  Varneyalso had a excellent turn and shot but it was aimed
straight at the keeperThen came the first of the Kenny blunders (to be fair he
also made a few good saves during the course of the game) the ball went to our
far post and it looked like Byram had made a great tackle but the ball ran
loose and the forward was first to react as Kenny stayed pinned to his line and
then his shot went between Kenny and the post - poor keeping. This put them
firmly on the front foot and they controlled the game, then a cross came in
Vokes headed and Kenny instead of catching it or pushing it round the post,
palmed it staight back to the unmarked Vokes who poked it home as Kenny was
very slow getting to his feet
 again.
In pre match discussions we spoke about Kenny and his inability to come for
crosses etc to quote my mate "don't give me that 'he's a good shot stopper'
rubbish - he is a f-ing goalkeeper being able to stop shots is the very minimum
requirement"
I used to defend Kenny not coming out for corners etc on the basis that at
least the defenders know what he is going to do as opposed to those keepers who
come sometimes and stay on the line at others but to be honest I am rapidly
losing patience with him - albeit he does pull off the odd cracking save.
Just before half time we should (according to some)have got  a foothold into
the game when Aidy White powered forward and went down in the box - I thought
he was looking to fall over and that is what he did, a number of those around
me claimed it was a nailed on penalty
Second half we made changes - again I differ from Rich here, he was critical of
the fact we waited 10mins to do it,  I was impressed that we made the changes
so early - but although Poleon caused them problems with his pace and direct
running things did not change much. Then the last throw of the dice , on came
Matt Smith. This substitution worked as a free kick from Diouf was well
flighted into the box and Smith rose well and headed home - a good finish.
Tonge missed a chance to equalise from 6yds out, the keeper made a couple of
saves, Austin blasted wide when set up by Diouf, he should have done better. If
any of these had gone in we would have had a point but we made things hard for
ourselves - the bit of play that did annoy me came a few minutes after our
goal, - we got a corner , Diouf went over to take it and instead of putting it
into the box for Smith we played it short and made a total mess of it -
ridiculous decision.
So 2 home defeats on the trot and 3 in 4 - the honeymoon is over, I just hope
all fans keep on behind the team and Brian McDermott - things will come right,
and of the 8 games 5 have been against teams now above us in the league
including the top 2.
I am 100% convinced that McDermott will get it right but he needs support, both
from the fans and from GFH.
Assuming we get nothing at Newcastle the Millwall game next week and the home
game v Bournemouth on the following Tuesday are massive