I think that that has been said each and every year since the start of the
Premier League. And it's just not true.

The difference in individual talent is really marginal(*) and the
difference between a good Premier league team and a good Championship team
is the ability to harness those margins to give a sum greater than the
individuals. Relegated teams are precisely those that haven't been able to
do that - ergo they are just as likely to struggle in the 2nd division as
in the first, and that has always been the case.

I take great heart from Leicester this year who seem to be showing that
there is very little difference in class once you get to a certain level,
and I think that the increase in money over the next few years is going to
increase the number of clubs who can compete at that level rather than
moving the "top" clubs up to the next.

Cheers, Damian

(*)There are of course always the superstars, but there as less of them
than you might think....