We agree with the exception that I'm saying a team that's crap enough to
get relegated from one division is still going to be crap in the next - if
they could have benefited from their better players they wouldn't have gone
down in the first place(*).

Bolton is/ was a case in point and dare I say that Leeds team that was too
good to go down in 1982?

:) Damian

(*) excuse the callous generalisation that could be considered Thatcherite!