If it weren't for the sad state of affairs at our beloved club, I would be
drooling at the chance of getting a season ticket for next season:

Aston Villa - Huge club, ex European champions, lovely ground to go to
plus Birmingham for a spicy derby
Newcastle - Huge club, great to laugh at as they've won nowt for decades
but a great rivalry with us
Notts Forest - Ex European Cup winners and Derby, great historical rivalry
and a feisty derby
Norwich and Ipswich back at loggerheads
Us v Wednesday (If they don't go up)
Wolves, Blackburn, Fulham, Cardiff, QPR - All decent sized clubs with
heritage and a desire to get back to the top table

The history and heritage of the Championship next year is incredible. But
... I'll watch it from a distance because our club is broken. Which, as a
football fan, is sad.

StigOfTheResignedToTheHistoryBooksDump

P.s. My personal shopping list, Howson being a pretty good shout actually,
or Craig Gardner from WBA, would be Rickie Lambert, Tim Krul and probably
controversially John Terry! Use him like Wilko used Vinnie; To do a single
specific job and lead a team. The only thing Glen Hoddle EVER said that
was true, is that a winning team needs a spine. For me that mixture of
experience, surrounded by our young players (IF of course we can hang on
to them) is probably the only chance we have of coming close to doing
something next season.