a few thoughts on the game.
First of all why Sunday at 4:30 ?
I thought we were poor throughout and even though the crowd dragged us back in
to it I thought Bristol were already deteriorating fast.
On the face of it Hecky did what we all wanted him to do in dropping Roofe and
Allioski however the replacements together left a very pedestrian midfield with
O'Kane and Forshaw just getting overrun by the City midfield. The young lad
Reid looked like a player to me.
Dallas started on the right wing and our best player Hernandez on the left
wing. Dallas continues to disappoint. I don't think he's a winger but what is
he ? I think he might just be a very average player.
At the back Weidwald continues to look shaky. Both goals were down to him and
surely Hecky has to put Lonergan in for Derby. There's no confidence from the
players or the fans in this guy. Yes Lonergan has made a few mistakes but he's
an honest keeper whereas I feel Wiedwald is now scared to come for a ball and
will never attempt to catch. What a mistake this guy has been.
I've heard people praising Lasogga since the game but I thought he was very
poor first half. He looks overweight to me and he just doesn't have the pace,
which is a shame because he certainly knows where the goal is. Ekuban also
looked awful but I think with him a goal will turn him into a different player.
He does at least have pace.
The crowd did drag us back into the game but it was sarcastic to start with. It
reminded me of the 'We'll support you ever more' chant which was always sung
when we were absolutely shite and at rock bottom. It felt like that yesterday
and I thought our season had collapsed.
Hecky now needs to get Saiz firing with Hernandez, change the keeper and put a
rocket up their arses. Vierra has not had a great season but to play O'Kane
over him for me is criminal and surely Hecky, having stripped O'Kane of the
captaincy; can now see he has little to offer. Remember you heard it here first
that O'Kane was shit.
My Scores:
Wiedwald - 0.
Anita - 6. I thought he actually played some really decent football. He might
be a better midfielder than all of them given a chance ?
DeBock - 3. Mark Aizlewood at left back. Chronic.
Jansson - 6. Looked shaky but then again so would Radebe with that clown in
nets behind you.
Pennington - 4. Some of his distribution was laughable. I hoped this guy would
come good and I think he might but he's got to do better than this.
Forshaw - 6. Battled hard but he looks bang average to me.
O'Kane - 1. Didn't do anything.
Dallas - 4. One half decent shot and then went to sleep.
Hernandez - 6. Tried and credit to Hecky that he allowed him to play more
central second half.
Pete - 7. Decent second half but was poor first.
Ekuban - 4. No real impact.
Subs:
Roofe - good poacher's goal and that will probably earn him a start at Derby
(oh dear)
Philips - shite
.