Game of opinions
Alioski - I have a mate who detests him and he would no doubt think that your
'2' is too highUp to a point I have fallen into agreeing with him BUT then I
watched the couple of minutes highlights on Sky - basically our goal and 3
chances and their scramble near the endAlioski is very prominent in 3 of our 4
best bits - he lays the ball off perfectly for Klich who should have scored or
at least got it on targetHe gets in a good position for his own chance and
although he also should have scored his shot was only a foot wideThe Douglas
miss (think his studs got stuck otherwise a real sitter) he was involved on a
few occasions in the build up and his cross to Douglas was inch perfectSo, he
could easily have had 2 assists (and a goal) in a game which we dominated but
never really hit the heightsAdd to that his work rate and I , at least , can
see why Bielsa sticks with him and I get the feeling that he is one of those
players who will become great and a real miss when he is not playing !
I agree re Roberts - think he is quite an intelligent player - his touch for
Alioski chance was brilliant and he also did a good 'leave' in the build up to
the Douglas chance. I hope he takes over from Harrison (if Pablo not fit) when
Roofe comes back
Ayling - lots of fans criticising him at half time - then within minutes of the
re-start the commentator was saying how great he was playing and had had the
ball more than anyone else.Douglas - I keep thinking he has been poor and then
seeing stats that show he has more interceptions and crosses than any other
player - I agree that we need him to be fit and hope his injury is not too
badPhillips - various new sites reckon Everton and Spurs are the leading
contenders to sign him and many clubs are after him, plus Gareth Southgate
considering him for England - most commentators have been raving about him ,
yet Rich still thinks he is poor
So to me it is all about opinions and the only one that counts really is MB and
he is sticking with this XI at least until Roofe etc gain fitness
Personally I thought we were a bit slow and lethargic last night but did just
enough and what we had to do. A bit worried that we are so profligate in front
of goal - lots of chance v Brum and Sheff Wed (43 shots according to stats)
with only 2 goals, 3 clear chances missed last night.
We are still a work in progress and the victory last night, against a very very
poor team, was better than one of our main rivals managed on Saturday
(Boro)Without Pablo we do struggle to unlock 10man defencesHaving said all that
we are top of the league FFS (even if that changes tonight) and playing the
best football we have seen for absolutley ages, and are trying to play it even
when not at our best - the performances v Stoke, Norwich, Preston, Derby were
all brilliantWe are still a work in progress and are missing our main striker
and our best player so I am 95% happy with the way things areDave

    On Tuesday, 2 October 2018, 21:56:43 BST, {broken-address} Richard Walker