I can understand why coaches like Alioski. He works hard defensively and puts
his full back under a lot of pressure. He’s incredibly frustrating though - his
final ball is awful and missed a sitter yesterday. I’d have subbed him at half
time.
Regarding Phillips I thought he was good. He never hides from the ball and
constantly accepts it when under pressure. His pass to Klich in the build up to
the goal was superb - I don’t see many in the squad who can hit passes like
that. LUFC data on twitter posted these stats for him yesterday :
Kalvin Phillips vs. Hull City:

94 touches (2nd-most on pitch) 👏
91.5% pass accuracy 🔥
75 completed passes (most on pitch) 👌
7 ball recoveries 👊
4 aerials duels won
2 shots
2 clearances
1 block

I know you can prove anything with stats but I think they show the influence he
has over our play and the work he puts in.

Overall I thought we did ok in a game that we controlled against a very poor
Hull team.
They were adopting a low block, like Birmingham did and showed little intention
of scoring. Sometimes I think we rush our passes a bit against teams sat deep
and try things that aren’t quite on out of frustration. If Alioski takes that
chance though, I think we win by 3.