A point gained or more like 2 missed , only time will tell. Sam did what RW
had wanted for ages and dropped Roca, bringing in Greenwood for the first half
and Forshaw the second. Koch and Rodrigo were also recalled in place of Gnonto.
Robles kept his place in nets, and he loved every minute of it, geeing up the
crowd etc.We seemed to have 3 at the back with Wober, koch and Krisetensen,
Firpo and Ayling at wing  backs alongside Mckennie,  Harrison  Greenwood and
Rodrigo with Bamford up top.
It did work up to a point, apart from the 2 penalties I can only recall the
disallowed goal and a shot, well saved at the end, that can be called real
chances .
They were nothing  special but we showed an inability to retain possession and
kept giving the ball away cheaply
Not much had happened when a cross was well met by Rodrigo,  the keeper saved
well but Ayling was on hand to smash home the rebound. A great start and the
crowd really got behind the team.
The atmosphere was electric and we wondered if we could hold on for 80 mins
against a better team , especially given how wasteful we were in possession.
Then the game turned, Greenwood beat two men and fed the ball to Firpo as he
charged into the box and was brought down. 100% penalty.  " let Rodrigo take it
, oh no not Bamford " were the comments near me as Paddy stepped up , come on 2
nil and we could win this.  Unfortunately the fans were correct as Paddy took
as weak a pen as you will ever see, no power and no placement,  keeper dived
the right way and made an easy save.Minutes later and Firpo was falling in our
area,  Wober missed the ball and brought down the attacker. Wilson showed
Bamford how it should be done and 2-0 was suddenly 1 -1
 A different game.
Thankfully we clung on to half time still level.  The second half followed the
pattern of the first, with us under some pressure but nothing too bad. WACCOE
and Billy Bremner's barmy army,  echoed round the ground
Then an aimless cross into our box,  one of them screamed at the ref and off it
went to VAR , they called the ref to have a look and  bingo  they get another
penalty,  hand ball by Firpo. This one despatched down the middle
Fair play to the team, instead of folding as they have in  many recent games,
they stuck to the task and after a bit of pinball,  it fell to Rasmus who
hammered a  deflected shot into the bottom corner.  2-2. Not what either side
wanted but let's us live to fight again , though we now probably need 6 pts
from 6.
One final point, Newcastle are the worst set of divers I have seen this season,
 awful.