Radical Women Meeting:

Monday, 25 March, 7.00 pm

DEFEND OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES:
STOP HOWARD'S LEGISLATION TO EXTEND ASIO POWERS!

A bill now before Parliament threatens to severely restrict our civil
rights. Howard is manufacturing another Big Lie: this time, the
existence of an 'enemy within.' Similar to George Bush's USA PATRIOT Act
and Tony Blair's UK Terrorism Act, dissent in Australia - against
anything from war to loss of jobs - would be treated as acts of terror.

Join a discussion about how we can stop this new McCarthyism. Speakers are:
* John O'Brien, member of the State Committee of Management, Furnishing
Trades Division of the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union
(CFMEU), Victorian Branch
* Debbie Brennan, campaigner against police spying and Melbourne
Organiser for Radical Women

Bring your ideas for building a bold feminist civil rights movement,
capable of strengthening our capacity to defend ourselves and solidarise
with our sisters and brothers throughout the world.

A hearty dinner, with vegetarian option, will be served at 6.30 pm for a
$6.50 donation. At Solidarity Salon, 580 Sydney Rd, Brunswick (north of
Blyth St tram stop; 5 minute walk from Anstey Station on Upfield Line).
All welcome!

For information, phone: (03) 9386 3230 or email:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]