How about making a carriage on wheels that will fit the Legacy. Have the jig, the router and carriage all move as one. Now install the dowel between centers and get it to start turning. With a slight pressure it will catch and start the threads. The guides in the jig will allow for movement/advancement down the rod. The only other two things I can think of is a limit switch if motorized and a pulley at the end of the rail and a rope for advancement help so the threads are not doing all the work.

Mike

On 7/4/2011 10:12 AM, Tim Krause wrote:
Hi Dustin,

I got all excited and thought those where done on the Legacy.   For an
easier time with the Beall threading jig, my thoughts would be save your arm
and make a tenon on the end of the dowel that will fit a cordless drill and
make all you want with little effort.  This is assuming your using the one
that uses the trim router and feeding the dowel in the hole.  Thanks for
posting the project, I bet it's a real conversation piece.

From: "Chainlink"<dustinyo...@hotmail.com>
To: "Legacy Ornamental Mills"<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 6:41 AM
Subject: Re: All New Members

What I find the most time consuming with the threaded rod is running
it through the Beall wood threader router jig by hand turning. It's
around 30 minutes per 4 foot section to thread by hand; if the
tolerance is a little tight on the rod, then it turns into a forearm
endurance exercise. I'd love to have 20 or so pre-threaded rods ready
to go when I get inspired, but I'm just hate doing it after the 3rd or
4th one. That's one of those things I'd like to automate a bit.