Charles,

I have been in touch with Phil off-list regarding his problem. May I make it
clear, to those who do not know, that the Legacy files (or those of any other
program for that matter) should not be deleted without either a) uninstalling
first, or b) manually changing the Registry entries.

*New Tutorial* Using the GIMP Mask
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

________________________________
> From: c.bras...@xtra.co.nz
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Run Time Error "5"
> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:38:06 +1300

> Phil,
>

> I was a bit distressed after 8 days with
> no install file also.
>

> Are you using Vista SP1?
>

> I guess you have tried updating Legacy. Did
> you get error; ‘file “apdproxy.exe” cannot open because “ConnAPI.DLL”
> not found’ which I was getting at the time.
>

> I have no idea what they are but they seem
> to be connected to Windows Installer or the download procedure.
>

> My thinking was; that if the new version
> was interrogating the system before installing and finding it lacking then I
> would remove any sign of Legacy and start afresh.
>

> Which worked.
>

> Charles , Invercargill
>

> Researching; Bernsee, Vangioni, Narbey, Schollum

 25GB of FREE Online Storage – Find out more
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665320/direct/01/