Jenny:

You are probably right.  However, I find the source field very limiting.  You
can put in the source and some details.  However, if you have multiple sources,
some conflicting evidence, information that you believe you correctly analyzed
and have reached a solid conclusion about, the Events/Facts is easier to use.
Additionally, when you pull up an individuals' file, you can see all important
information about the person "at-a-glance".  If I did not put the source of the
information in the Events/Facts notes, it would be incomplete and not clear
where, how or why certains facts were determined or where I got them from.  Of
course, you can "click" on the source icon linked to the Event/Facts note, but
all you get is the source information and the detail, not anything else to
explain things.  If you have multiple sources for each Event/Facts, it become
highly complex.  Hence, the information contained in all my Event/Fact notes
for each individual is the
 same as what you would put in the Master Source, but much more information
that can be understood and readily seen without searching though all the formal
Master Sources.  Perhaps I should use both, but it seems like I am duplicating
information.

I could be confused as to how to use Legacy, but this is an issue I recognize
at the present time.  I welcome your valuable experience and additional
insight.

Mike

 In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus autem caritas.
In essentials unity, in doubtful things liberty, but in all things love.
St. Augustine (A.D. 354 - 430)