Thank you Jenny and Ward for you suggestions.   My apologies if any of you felt
that your suggestions were a waste of time.  Far from it.  I very much
appreciated them and look forward to further advice and correspondence.  By no
means did I want to imply that my use of Legacy was correct or better than any
suggestion offered.  My comments were only to point out some issues I am aware
of and my opinion.  Please don't mistake my strong opinion for arrogance or
dis-respectfulness.  My opinion is not necessarily correct.  However, I do like
to argue my rationale.  I am open-minded, regardless of how I may have come
across.   I probably have not been using Legacy's capabilities and guidelines
correctly and mistakenly have emphasized some capabilities over others.

Thanks to Jenny's and Ward's suggestions, I do intend to use the Master Source
and now understand that it not as limiting as I thought.  I have not used the
other note fields within Legacy or footnotes as each of you have pointed out.
I probably should have joined the Legacy User Group much earlier.

I agree with Ward's comment that relatives are not interested in detail.  To be
honest, most don't even want a GENCOM FILE or a printout of the family file.
Hence, the detail is mostly for me.  I try to be concise with the detail.
Hence, I will summarize all the residential history in one event, not an event
for every US Census or City Directory.

I am very interested if any of you have collected a lot of records and plan on
writing a book.  I have collected almost every Barbieri record available in the
town of my ancestors from 1579-1900.  Hence, these Barbieri's are close
cousins, semi-close cousins, distant cousins and very very distant cousins.  My
collection includes notary records, Civil and Church records, the 1743 Catasto
Onciario and Italian census records, etc.  I have also traced almost every
Barbieri from this town to the US.   It has taken me 10 years and a lot of
money.  So, my family genealogy objectives have changed over time.  It now has
become almost a "one place study".  I continue to research today and it seems
never-ending since there are always a few records and brick walls to scale.

I will be writing a book, starting later this year, about the Barbieri's from
Cerreto Sannita, Italy.  This book will combine social history and family
history.  It will read more like a narrative but include charts, graphs, trees
etc.  This is a big under-taking.  It will become my Legacy (no pun intended).
Lol.  Any suggestions or questions are welcomed.

Thank you again Jenny and Ward for your suggestions.

Regards,

Mike Barberi

 In necessariis unitas, in dubiis libertas, in omnibus autem caritas.
In essentials unity, in doubtful things liberty, but in all things love.
St. Augustine (A.D. 354 - 430)