I need to create some 2 generation descendant box charts with photos (among
many other charts) for a family book and am having trouble because one
couple had 10 children and its chart needs to fit into one page.

I can make it fit into one page by using a pdf and even entering it in
landscape on the page, but the text is still far too small.

Legacy's charting is rather limited when it comes to descendant charts:
there are only 2 vertical choices - males only, or everyone.  Ideally I
would like to create the chart in a format similar to the "Ancestor overlap"
format because that would be more legible on a page, especially because of
the overlap feature.  I realize that I will probably need to purchase some
different software to achieve this and would like to ask advice as to which
is considered the most capable or adaptable.

Thanks,

Jeff