I feel the same way about accuracy and recording locations as they were at
that specific time in history.

-----Original Message-----
From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com]on
Behalf Of ronald ferguson
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:13 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Moving Street Addresses and Location Names from
Location

Bill,

As I have previously mentioned, it is standard practice, or at least the
most common practice, to record the address as that at the time of the
event.

I have, for example, in my records, Saddleworth, Yorkshire, England and
Saddleworth, Lancashire, England both locations being the same but after a
shift in the county boundary. Both are correct at their respective times.

I have a note to say they are the same place. I agree that it might look
messy, but it is accurate, and as far as I am concerned that is the
important point.

New Tutorial: Embed a Blogger RSS feed on your webpage
http://www.fergys.co.uk/
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: