From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com]on
Behalf Of Brian L. Lightfoot
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:37 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Help required

You and I (and probably many others) think alike on this. My data folders
reside on a totally different physical hard drive other than C:. I’ve been
doing it this way for quite a while and Legacy is perfectly happy with those
non-default locations. Personally, I dislike any program that invades the
root of my C: drive, such as the default C:\Legacy but maybe that's just me
being somewhat anal about keeping all related files and programs organized
together.

One additional caveat about using a different physical drive for the Legacy
data folder is that it tends to isolate the data away from virus and Trojans
which are usually programmed to wreak havoc with the C: drive. Whenever
necessary, I am free to format C: without losing or disturbing any data
files.

Brian in CA