The reason for the problem which Michele has found is the individuals who are
not set have no dates included and no Events and are the end of line children.

Therein lies the problem, because my understanding is that Legacy works upwards
to establish the probable "living" status. To do the same for the end of line
children it would have to work downwards for every tree and somehow estimate a
death date from parents, or maybe grandparents. This cannot be done in Legacy,
using Access is a possibility, but I doubt if it would be easy.

I would add that this is not a problem I have come across before and may be
quite rare, at least in number/database. In Michele's case most of those of
those involved had (their children's) names found eg. in wills, with no other
record, so the best guess at a date is likely to be wildly inaccurate, could be
around +/-20yrs, maybe more.

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England