Lana wrote <rlcb...@gotsky.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't cite information from a book without attempting
> to properly cite
> the source.  I have trouble not citing a picture the
> same way.
>
> Lana

Exactly.  You get information from a book.  The book is your source, and you
cite the book.  You attach the citation that describes the book to a piece of
information you derived from the book, like a birth date, not to the book
itself.

You get information from a photograph.  The photograph is your source, and you
cite the photograph.  You attach the citation that describes the photograph to
a piece of information you derive from the photograph, like a Family Reunion in
1939, not to the photograph itself.

I agree one may want to record the provenance of a photograph, but that is a
different concept.

In any event, your only choices with Legacy are to create a photographic event,
and then add a source citation to that.  Or, use the description field to
describe the provenance (and anything else you want to mention) when you attach
the photo.

Connie