Scott, I think the problem has been resolved now.  Please be patient;
there is a whole group of people who didn't realize the LUG was even
active because nothing was showing up; they only found out via
contentious people on the FS group.  It won't go on forever and you
never know - it might be one of the people that are finally getting on
here that are able to give you and I some seriously important help one
day.

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 8:01 AM, Scott Hall <seh0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All:
>
> I hate to be a complainer, but the continual flurry of "this is a
> test" e-mails that are hitting this board lately are getting a bit
> annoying.  No disparagement meant towards any individual by this, but
> I'm wondering why we're seeing so many.  Two thoughts come to mind,
> both with a solution.
>
> 1.  If the problem is that people want simply to ensure they are
> subscribed and that messages are not zapped by spam filters, the onus
> is on you to simply wait for legitimate messages to hit or inbox
> and/or for you to periodically check your spam filters to see if they
> are there.  You can tell whether a message has been posted by going to
> the list's archives at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/.  In
> other words, please use legitimate messages for your test purposes,
> not test messages that serve no other purpose.  You could, of course,
> also use the confirmation e-mail sent by the list server when you
> subscribe.
>
> 2.  If the problem is that the mail server has a glitch which causes
> some or all of the messages to not be delivered to people who are
> subscribed, then Legacy should investigate and resolve the issue.
>
> Certainly, the third alternative is that I should simply shut up and
> continue to hit delete as I see these messages come through.  If the
> group's consensus is this alternative, then I'll respectfully let the
> matter drop and say no more.
>
> Kindly,
> Scott
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>
>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>
> Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/

>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/

Kathy Meyer
"To reach a goal you have never before attained, you must do things
you have never before done."
--Richard G. Scott, "Finding the Way Back," Ensign, May 1990, 74

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results. ~ Albert Einstein