Kathy,

I take it that by "appropriate place" you mean the AKAs ie. the three headed
icon in Family View. I'm not sure that one can call any of these the
"preferred", although I guess one can apply this to the first on the list.

Not being LDS myself I have no idea of the search criteria for the NFS, but
it is possible for one to swap an AKA with the main name, and I expect that
as with other searches, Legacy will use whatever is in the main name field
for searching. So, to answer your question swap the AKA which you wish to
use with the one currently in that field.

Ron Ferguson

*New* Tutorial: Add Location Pins to Google Earth
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
And the Fergusons of N.W. England