I have traced one of my ancestral lines to Cratfield, Suffolk, England
during the early 1500's. While researching Cratfield, I found a variety of
location entries, therefore, I am specifically looking for information as to
how the people of England correctly identify this location. The following
are some of my findings.

Cratfield is a Parish Village, located in the Diocese of Norwich, with the
Postal town being Halesworth, in the Shire County of Suffolk, and the
Country of England, within the Sovereign State of the United Kingdom.

Legacy Geo Code shows Cratfield, ,Suffolk, England
FamilySearch Labs Location Finder shows Cratfield, Suffolk, England

Others have shown;

Cratfield, Halesworth, Suffolk, England
Cratfield, Halesworth, Suffolk, United Kingdom

Could someone please provide assistance as to how the people of England
would have identified this location as it existed in the early years of 1500
- 1550? To my knowledge the Sovereign State of the United Kingdom did not
exist during that period, and I further believe that the United Kingdom
would be incorrect as the Country is in reality England.

It is not my intent to ignite the previous firestorm of International
Location controversy, which I followed intently and gained much insight. It
is my intent, however, to enter locations in a manner that follows the
generally accepted standard among the people of that particular country.

Thank you for your assistance,

Charles