Personally, I hope that Legacy never becomes so rigid that we won't have the
option to ignore standards if that is our wish or need.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kirsten Bowman [mailto:vik...@rvi.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 9:31 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] webinar comment

There's no question that genealogical practice recommends using the name of the
place as it was at the time of the event (and in the language of the place, if
you want to go that far).  I'm just wondering how that and other location
issues that Legacy allows will integrate with FamilySearch's goal to
standardize data entry of locations.  From an earlier response I gather that
the standard can be ignored, but what's the use of a standard that is
ignored--or does the standard perhaps somehow take into account the situations
mentioned?

Kirsten