Ron is, as usual, correct.  To find those "lost" versions on Dropbox, sign into
your account online and click on Show Deleted Files.

BTW, there is a common misconception that Dropbox stores files online only.
Simply not true.  They are stored online AND on your computer.  You do not need
an internet connection to access your file, although you do need one to access
the earlier versions of those files that Dropbox automatically saves.

As long as you don't keep the same Legacy file open on two computers at the
same time, there is, IMO, absolutely no reason to avoid using Dropbox as the
path for your Legacy data files.

Connie