Tom,

I would not have been against including her in our family.  But she
obviously didn't want to be part of mine.  I do go back to a family
reunion of a branch of descendants and when asked which line I belonged
to, I replied that actually I was descended from J. C. Merret.  The lady
then said, "Oh, do you know that he was illegitimate?"  I said, yes,
that I'd heard that.  It was a great group of people.

My only point in my story was to verify the info as you have said.  I
also have had to correct family oral history on my father's side.  So I
have been in the same boat.  Luckily Legacy is a gem of a program and
makes documenting the information so much easier and professional (which
I am not).

Erin