From: Jerry [mailto:jerrysemailgro...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:57 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] How to document Locations in Europe 5 Fields vs 4 Fields

Hi again Mary.  I think you are misunderstanding the whole sorting system in
terms of how most websites do the sorting.  It is not simply a matter of
whether you go from the left to right or right to left, it is how the sorting
schemes deal with each division.  If you want to see where I'm coming from, I
welcome you to go to our website at http://www.MerriamFamilyTree.org (enter
FullGuest as username and merriam as password).  Then go to the Places menu
where you will that when you click on COUNTRY, then you next can see all the
STATES and PROVINCES together in a list, then drill down to COUNTIES, and then
to CITIES.  This is the way most websites are set up to do sorting and you
can't do that without regard to how many divisions you use.  I hope you will go
take a look and then I think you will know exactly where I'm coming from, even
if you don't think it is necessary.

Regards,
Jerry Boor - http://www.MerriamFamilyTree.org