Click on Help > General Information, and a window will appear that gives
you some data about what you're running.  If you've got the Deluxe
edition running, it will say that in big friendly letters at the top of
the window, and you'll see your customer number in one of the fields.

I expect that the file where your customer number is stored was not
over-written when you downloaded and installed a fresh copy of the
program, so when you opened it up it already knew you were a Deluxe user.

Hope this helps.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy