Kathy,

You can get something like what you want by altering ONE event sentence for the
event.

The example I used was the Immigration Event and the entered information will
read in the order you requested …

Event Name - Date - Location - Description

I altered  one sentence definition for “if only date and place entered”

…by removing the default fields and entering

[EventName] - [Date] - [Place] - [Notes] [Sources]

When the information is entered in the sequence you requested,  it would read
in your report as:

Immigration - 1 Jan 1932 - New York - by ship

The key here is to NOT fill in the Description field in the Event but to move
the Description to the notes.

If you thought it might be difficult to remember just how you set it up, you
could even save this event to a new name such as Immigration Summary, leaving
the default Immigration event intact in case you ever wanted to use it with
full features. If you saved it to a new name, just turn off the Description
Box, which would force you to remember to put your description in the notes.

Mary