Good idea there Mary, the only problem with that for me is that I have (or will
have) notes for almost every event, and I have my sentence definitions set up
in specific ways to capture all 5 fields.
There are times though - like when I'm doing specific research at a library -
that I need a summary type report that has all of my info in the very basic
format.
Given that Event Name and Date are both standard widths, but description and
place can vary greatly, and the list view with all the lines doesn't stay
uniform in the spacings, I'd puke to be able to mice date to the left.
If the column spacing of that list view remained constant and did a word wrap
for longer lines rather than pushing the next column further away I'd have no
problems because the dates would all line up with each other.

Kathy