This would have been a great idea EXCEPT that once you get the list, you
are NOT getting the marriages to tag.  You still get a list of
individuals to tag.  I already have tagged all individuals in the
database and have been working my way through cleaning those up.

There are 54,833 individuals and 17090 marriages.  The results of the
trial run for this created a list of 52,601.  But if you look at the
list, I would be re-tagging several thousand people that I had already
cleared the tag on as my search list for the tag I was doing shows that
I still have 49,654 still to go from my original tagging.

First, let me tell you what I have been doing.  I have been entering all
of the births, marriages and deaths from 1820 through 1910 from the
microfilmed records from a town in Sicily.  I also have an online
database for this town as well that is fully searchable.  I had been a
loyal user of FTM from the early 1990's and had beta tested for them for
years.  After beta testing their 2008 and 2009 versions, it was evident
that Ver 16 was going to be the last version I would use due to the
changes they had made to the program.  The newer versions cannot handle
my file and scramble the details on sources when they are imported via
gedcom from Ver 16 to FTM 2008, etc.

I switched to Legacy on the advise of a friend who had been using it for
years.  It was far superior to what FTM had in any version that I had
used.  So I bought the deluxe version and have been using it ever since.

But in bringing my files over to Legacy, I noticed that I needed to do
cleanup on the way I had been doing things before I started using Legacy
and even after I first started using Legacy because  I found other
options or ways of doing things that were far superior in Legacy and I
need to cleanup and redo things that were not done that way in the past.

About a year ago, I tagged all individuals in the database with Tag #5.
The description for this tag is:  FTM Cleanup Needed.  I also have tag 2
and tag 3.  These tags designate my paternal great-grandfather's family
(#2) and my maternal great-grandmother's family (#3).  This way I can
easily see if a person is included in my ancestral lines or is just
someone from the town.

I have been working my way through the tag #5 as I enter more data in
the file and cleaning them up as I go.  But it would be easier if I
could see that the marriage tag was cleared because then I would know
that I had already changed or fixed any problems with the children and
descendants of that line.  I wouldn't need to choose each of the
children one by one to confirm whether they were done or not.

My thoughts were originally to use the marriage list to tag so that I
could work through all of the marriage list.  I would select the first
marriage on the search list, correct both the wife and husband and any
children they had and remove the tag numbers for both the marriages and
the individuals as I went for that marriage.  Then once I had worked
through all of the marriages, I could then do a final search to find any
unlinked individuals