Amen!

CE

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 01:14:30 +0000
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Ancestor book report - spouse events
From: pl.richards...@googlemail.com
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com

Hi,
Thanks for the advise so far.
Paula, you're spot on in that I only want to disable spouse events for the 1st
generation. When I moved to Legacy a few years back the reviews suggested this
was one of the best packages for report generation and book publishing, however
now I'm trying to use it in anger I have to say I'm quite disappointed at its
capability and limitations such as this.

I've so far encountered numerous issues such as only one picture per event can
be displayed or no pictures are displayed for marriages, but bit by bit I'm
trying to find workarounds and at the moment this ones stumping me.

I'm not keen on generating pdfs or rtfs and then re-editing docs. after all
what's the point of the publishing center if thats what you have to resort to.
I also work as a software engineer and I'm used to using tools that generate
manuals from basic text and information in the code, so if we can do this for
the software industry I'd have though it could have been done in Legacy as well.

regardsPaul

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Paula Ryburn <paula.ryb...@sbcglobal.net>