Ron,

Have not done an actual count, but have about 100 with "notes" in the
given name field, out of about 65,000 people. And very few will be the
ancestors of my descendants. I collect data on all Ingalls of all
spellings in the USA and Canada, warn people when I send them data that
they need to verify everything. I will not live long enough to do the
work for "everyone".

The suggestion to put the notes in the given name field in the double
brackets so they will not be published is good and bad. It may look
better, but does not warn the reader that I suspect there is a problem
with the data. I believe "function" or "usability" is much more
important than "beauty".

Jay