I have never tagged so I read about it in Help but it's still not working.
Here are the steps I followed:

I turned on Tagging.

I went to my ancestor and right clicked on Tab 1 above his name.

In the Advanced Tagging dialog box I clicked on Descendants.

I clicked on Spouse in the Descendants Options dialog box and clicked on All
Spouses, then closed this dialog box.

I closed the Advanced Tagging dialog box.

All my ancestor's descendants' No. 1 tag is blue as well as their spouses.

I exported the file to a gedcom and then imported it into Legacy.  No spouses
of my ancestor or any of his descendants are showing, just his descendants.

What am I doing wrong?

Barton