From: Barton Lewis [mailto:bartonle...@optonline.net]
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2015 1:56 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] one source entry - many entries

I have 2 questions about sources:  first, where do I enter land records?  I
looked (also on Help) and did not see an obvious answer.  On the Individual’s
Information page, for example, I guess I could click inside the surname field
and add it there but I’m not sure that’s right.  PAF had fields for Military,
Land etc.  Does Legacy not have those?

Also, some ancestors have dozens of records in a single county – e.g. in
published abstracts of deeds.  I don’t really want to create a separate source
entry for each one – I thought I would handle it thusly:  create a single
source, leave the page field blank, and paste the text into the Text/Comments
field with the page number in square brackets for each record.  Does that sound
right?

Thank you.

Barton

  _____