From: Barton Lewis [mailto:bartonle...@optonline.net]
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:25 PM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] one source entry - many entries

Michele, you said “Each deed will be in different books on different page
numbers.  It would be pretty messy to try and record a single citation for 20
different deeds.”

What if there are 20 deeds abstracted in the same work for the same ancestor?
The only thing that will differ is the page number in the source citation and
maybe the deed books – 10 of them may be in Deed Book A and the other 10 in
Deed Book B.  That said, I do see your point about “one event – one source.”

My problem is that I find it rather monotonous to list events thusly:

James was listed on a deed on 20 Dec 1760 in Granville Co., NC.
He was listed on a deed on 30 Jan 1761 in Granville Co., NC.
James was listed on a deed on 3 Feb 1761 in Granville Co., NC.

I appreciate that Legacy defines events based on individual specific records
for an individual.  That said, in the Register Reports I generated when using
PAF I entered the deed abstracts or court records or other sources into a
“Notes” section which fell after the individual’s primary family data (the
record of his/her marriage and children).  I’m not sure whether I’d prefer that
level of detail within the report or in the end/footnote, with the event giving
a summation only.

Barton