From: BARTON LEWIS [mailto:bartonle...@optonline.net]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 10:26 AM
To: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Cc: legacyusergroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] one source entry - many entries

Thanks, Michele.  I try to get copies of original deeds for all direct
ancestors; if I am documenting their siblings, and we're tlaking about dozens
or hundreds of deeds, I may not.  It's just not practical.

So ... I realize the book is the source when you're dealing with asbtracts, and
what I meant to say was, would you always use a different cite for each event?
If you have 20 events, all for land on the same creek in the same county, for
the same ancestor, would you consider creating a single event called "James
Langston had land on the south side of Tar River in Granville County, North
Carolina," with one source (the same book of abstracts) and the text of the
abstracts listed in the Text/Comments section?

Otherwise, you're going to get 20 identical events (except for the date) which
say "he had land on the south side of Tar River in Granville County, North
Carolina."

What are the circumstances where you would use land as an event -- when it's
not a deed, or grant, or other known record?

Barton