Windows 10 Home has no way to stop automatic updates BUT you can stop it auto-restarting your computer. Settings - Update & Security - Windows update - Advanced options. Choose Notify to schedule restart. About once a month I find Install and Shut down instead of Shutdown in the Power options.

If you don't want updates happening in the dead of night, then turn your computer off when you're not using it. With fast restart it's not actually turning completely off but closing programs and going into a different kind of sleep mode. It's enough to shut down internet connections etc. I wouldn't dream of leaving my computer on overnight. I've had a computer since 1984 and have always turned them off.

I agree the way computers are updating to Windows 10 at the moment without people realising is appalling. I'm thankful that my friend seems to have come through that process unscathed. It's people like her that they're "helping". She rarely has the confidence to agree to an update of any thing however many times I walk her through it. There are ways to block Windows 10. My husband uses GWX Control Panel from http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

I love Windows 10 but had a clean install done so I wouldn't inherit any underlying issues. Got all the bloatware off my laptop at the same time. :-) Lovely.

Cathy

Joyce Herzog wrote:

I use Firefoz as my browser & Foxit Reader for my PDF reader. i really
like it!

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 6:42 PM, CE WOOD <wood...@msn.com