Your choice Denise

but I'd read on further and see that ESS calls them facsimile reprints or image reprints though in my edition she doesn't detail them online but rather on CD or microfilm.
"12.79 Reprints: Image Editions
Reprints that offer image copies of earlier publications are called
facsimile reprints (as opposed to facsimile reproductions of original
records, covered at 12.77). However, the modern terms image copy or
image reprint are better understood today."

Of course her caveats apply.

No doubt her webpages or the later editions cover online reprints.

I really don't care about exact ordering and commas etc so long as the source can be found. Of course it needs the online detail and the original publication detail.

That's what the SourceWriter reprint templates, which are all based on Evidence Explained, provide.

Cathy

d.mossfri...@comcast.net wrote:

Cathy,

Yes, I am aware of the sample's format style. However, I am also aware
that a digital image of an original book (City Directory or otherwise)
is not a reprint of the original publication. A reprint would include
both the original publication date and the date of the reprint. That
is standard practice of the publishing industry. Even the publisher of
a reprint might / probably would differ from the publisher of the
original publication.

As for SourceWriter, perhaps these differences is why I prefer not to
use that option.

Thanks for the comments,

Denise